Foundation of Coeclerici.
1912/1913 The company begins shipping activities with the “Tirreno,” its first ship, and the “Oceano,” “Adriatico” and “Atlantide,” acquired (as was customary at the time) through long-term charter agreements.
1965 After a lengthy interruption due to wartime marine blockades, Jack Clerici restarts the shipping business, acquiring the 10,000-ton vessel “Liberty” from Pittaluga Vapori, launched in 1943 as the “Urbania,” and later renamed the “Cocler.”
1966 The company acquires the “Falcone,” a 20,000-ton oil tanker converted to a bulk carrier, and begins collaborating with Pittaluga Vapori, establishing Capo Falcone S.p.A. and building several ships over the next two decades.
1985 Under an agreement with the Ferruzzi Group, the company establishes Bulkitalia S.p.A., a shipping company that purchased half of the Sidermar fleet from Finmare Group for a total of seven bulk carriers.
1987 Coeclerici assumes full control of Bulkitalia S.p.A., acquiring all of the company’s vessels and obtaining an 800,000-ton fleet.
1988 As part of a Fincantieri project, Coeclerici becomes the first company in Italy to receive one of Fincantieri’s new, 135,000 DWT bulk carriers: its flagship vessel, the “Bulkgenova.”
1992 Bulkitalia acquires 60% of Bulknedlloyd Holding BV, a company established in order to incorporate the fleet of Royal Nedlloyd, the most important shipping company in the Netherlands, which had decided to divest from the bulk carrier sector.
1994 Bulkitalia acquires 100% of Bulknedlloyd Holding BV, as well as the Finmare ships it did not acquire in 1985. Bulkitalia also acquires Fermar, a shipping company in the Ferruzzi Group’s portfolio. Thanks to these strategic moves Coeclerici is now owner of the largest private industrial fleet in Italy, the fifth largest in Europe and the fifteenth largest in the world.
1999 Two pools of Capesize and Panamax ships are created, with the participation of important international shipping companies. Through Coeclerici Transport Ltd., Coeclerici takes charge of the commercial and operational management of a fleet of 14 Capesize and 12 Panamax vessels, increased to 47 Capesize vessels and 44 Panamax vessels in 2003.
2002 Coeclerici forms a joint venture with Ceres Hellenic Shipping Enterprises: the new company, Coeclerici Ceres Bulk Carriers, owns a fleet of 20 Capesize and Panamax ships.
2003 Coeclerici develops a strategy for withdrawing from the shipping sector so that the Group can concentrate resources and skills on logistics, as well as complete its coal management chain, culminating in the acquisition of its own mines.
2013 For the second time after World War II, Coeclerici embarks upon a new stage in its shipping business, establishing the joint venture company dACC Maritime Limited together with the d’Amico Group in order to invest in the shipping sector.
2015 dACC Maritime Limited takes delivery of “DACC Tirreno” and “DACC Egeo”, the first two of the four Supramax bulk carriers ordered to the Japanese shipyard Oshima of Nagasaki.
2016 dACC Maritime Limited takes delivery of “DACC Adriatico” and “DACC Atlantico”, sister vessels of the two Supramax bulk carriers already delivered in 2015.